Occasional Visitor
koelntraveller

Priority Club Credit Card

Dear Fellow Travellers,

Does anyone else have the Priority Club Visa card here in the UK?

If so, I am sure you will share my frustration in the incredibly poor service they provide in getting the priority club points to our accounts.  I have the PC Black Card which comes with a £99 annual fee so am dismayed at the consistently poor service they offer.

When I phoned to complain, they admitted as such, but this is a long standing issue, certianly

Would be interested in other users' experience of PC Visa.

Would be interested in hearing about other users' experiences of this credit card.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

Re: Priority Club Credit Card

I have the card and have found that the only issues are those of extra point awards as we get double points (4 points per £ spent) on IHG hotel spends but find this is never reflected only ever get base point value (2 points per £ spent). My statement is the 17th of each month and the points are credited to my PC account by the 27th but usually the 24th of the same month.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nouveau_fat

[ Edited ]

My biggest beef with the Black Card in the UK is how much a raw deal we get compared to our cousins accross the pond.  In the UK we get:

20,000 points on first spend (Assuming of course you haven't upgraded from the FREE PCR visa!)

1 free night with spend over £10,000 in a year

4x Points per £ on IHG Hotel

2x Points per £ on all other purchases

£99 annual charge

But in the US, the Black Visa cards have

60,000 points after $1000 spend in first 3 months

1 free night

5x Points per $ on IHG hotels

2x Points per $ on Groceries

1x Points per $ for all other purchases

10% Point Rebate

First Year free then $49 annual charge

So, if I spend £1000 every month on IHG hotels, by my calculation the cards would give me (ex rate £:$ =1.61 at the time I forst worked this out.....)  :

US

12(months)*5(times bonus)*1610 (monthly base points) + 60,000 = 156,600

UK

12(months)*4(times bonus)*1000 (monthly base points) + 20,000 = 68,000

That's 88,000 points less - let's say 6 free night's.  And that's after I've spent $100 dollars more than the US  just to get the card - equivalent to ANOTHER nights stay.....

Bear in mind I have stayed 80 qualifying nights in IHG hotels during 2012, and have redeemed over 200,000 points (which if I was in the US with the Visa rebate would have given me 20,000+ points - an 8th Free night !!), then all in all I can't help feeling that we in the UK are getting the short end of the stick....

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
margp9

Been waiting since february for 10,000 bonus points for opening a PC visa

will be closing it soon - Customer service seems pretty ineffective !

Please use plain text.
heather88

I have recently got this card and I don't like the sound of "poor service" when I am doing everything possible to give my hard earned money to PC. I AM DISHEARTNED!!!
This is unacceptable
Please use plain text.
heather88

This is not fair!

Surely there must be a means to highlight this and have it rectified. our money is just as good!!

Please use plain text.