Super Advisor
iristina

Re: 1000 Pointsfor watching video- Bogus

Just fixed it ~ you must have tried it before I tested it.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
fozziedoggie

iristina -

That explains a lot...wish I would have seen this prior to watching. There are no points available unless you are personally invited, then given a one-time unique promo code.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

Wish I had found that thread earlier too. I have stayed at a couple IHG hotels since hearing about this promo, but I did not take the time to read the details before. Now that I know, I will be sure to ask about it, if I don't receive one the next time I check-in.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

fozziedoggie wrote:
From vt357 -

"The video played for me, but would stop to buffer every 5 seconds.  Then it hung up at the very end.  I refreshed the page and it played again (with the same buffering issue) but finished correctly and I was credited with the 1000 pts.  There is a a confirmation screen at the end and my new point balance was reflected immediately."

I got the pop-up with my current points total, but the 1000 was not included.

See OPs post. He clearly states that he received a promo code when checking in into a hotel. This means this promotion is quasi targeted and you have to pickup your code at the hotel when checking in. 

I stayed at two different IHG properties in the meantime and have not received a leaflet. 

Reusing the code provided by the OP and watching the video will not get you the 1000 points. As agn stated, you get these points "while you sleep" :smileyhappy:.

Knowing he meant it different, but literally it means you need to stay at a hotel and get the promo code from them. 

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

Hmmm, well I did not initially take the OP post to mean that was specifically targeted to certain guests (until after I did more research). I have often received flyers with my check-in packet about promos that I had also received other ways, such as by email.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
agn

People. Every single promo that PC has ever sent has always had a waiting period before the points appear in one's account. This one is no different, PLUS it has certain criteria to be met before even being eligible. Wait 6-8 weeks, then commence the usual whining. That will likely get you 1000 points just for the Whine. Btw, there is a wine club promo out there, you might want to consider it; as usual you wil not get the points right away, but you won't care so much!
JBa brings the cheese, I bring the corkscrew...you provide the whine
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

Wow, agn. I did not perceive any comments in this thread (aside from the OP) to be whining. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
foxberg

1K posted to my account instantly. They did not post to my wifes account no matter what code I tried.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
agn

[ Edited ]
I guess my threshold for complaints is lower than yours, iristina. 80% of the posts here are for the Whine club.
JBa brings the cheese, I bring the corkscrew...you provide the whine
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Fly_Navy

I received one of these flyers and watched the video.  The points posted instantly to my account.

The next night I checked into a different hotel in a different town. I received the same promo flyer, but with a different code. I logged in with the new code and watched the video. No luck with an additional 1,000 points. Guess you only get it for the first time you view the video. Cheers, ...

Please use plain text.