Occasional Visitor
Ajay4Fun

1000 Pointsfor watching video- Bogus

When checking in during a recent stay (Nov 13th, 2011) I was given a promo paper/coupon for earning 1000 points just for watching a 90 sec video. I said go to priorityclub.com/video1000 and enter code: LAXFUZKVA7 and watch the video for which I would recieve 1000 points. So after I settled in, I tried to do just that. once logged in and code entered the video started to load.... that was it, It continued in the "loading" mode, for as long as I would leave it. I tried refreshing the page, starting over, even rebooting my laptop and trying again. Never did the video finish loading and play. I mean NEVER, I made my last attempt before going to bed for the night. And to no surprise it was still "Loading" in the morning

So a few days later at home I tried again. Hoping maybe it was something strange with the hotels connection . But I got the same results. So I sent an email to PC customer service. But I have still not heard anything. Has anyone else had this problem? "A" .

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
agn

Re: 1000 Pointsfor watching video- Bogus

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. 1000 points must be important to you. I get that amount of points in my sleep.
JBa brings the cheese, I bring the corkscrew...you provide the whine
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

The video loaded for me. I did not receive any points after viewing it tho--not sure if it takes a while...

NICE video, BTW!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
vt357

The video played for me, but would stop to buffer every 5 seconds.  Then it hung up at the very end.  I refreshed the page and it played again (with the same buffering issue) but finished correctly and I was credited with the 1000 pts.  There is a a confirmation screen at the end and my new point balance was reflected immediately.

In the future they should make the video size/streaming rate much smaller.  I've found that the internet connections in most hotels much better than dial-up aren't blazingly fast either.  So it doesn't look good when you can't even watch the promo video at the hotel.

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

Strange. I wonder why I don't get the confirmation page. I watched it 3 times, and have not had a problem with the video loading or playing. The page I see at the end has the choice to "Apply Now" or "Replay Video." :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Here's a link to the promo

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
fozziedoggie

Thanks to JBa for the link. I watched the video, but my 1000 points did not post immediately to my account; is there a lag-time before the points post?

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
fozziedoggie

[ Edited ]
From vt357 -

"The video played for me, but would stop to buffer every 5 seconds.  Then it hung up at the very end.  I refreshed the page and it played again (with the same buffering issue) but finished correctly and I was credited with the 1000 pts.  There is a a confirmation screen at the end and my new point balance was reflected immediately."

I got the pop-up with my current points total, but the 1000 was not included.
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

[ Edited ]

Same for me fozzie ~ This link provides more info.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
fozziedoggie

iristina,

Link is broken
Please use plain text.