Established Member
Bailey

Royal Ambassador status - booking rooms

Hello - I have recently become a RA member.  I travel with my partner and we like a king sized bed.  In practice, if I book the least expensive room with twin beds, will that be substituted during the upgrade for a room with a king bed?  Or should I book the room with the king bed?  Does my question make sense?  It's a question of not wanting too book too high up the ranks of rooms if the upgrade is going to do that for me.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
fozziedoggie

Re: Royal Ambassador status - booking rooms

Book the largest size bed available in the price category you're comfortable with. You can then ask for a king-sized bed upon checking in. If they have sold out or uprgaded too many king rooms already, at least you will have the bed you booked. Always easier to ask at check-in or follow up reservation to hotel with an inquiry e-mail.

Hope this helps...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Welcome from a fellow RA

As an RA you do get up to a 2 category upgrade to club room or suite w/o access to club.
If you book a room with twin beds the hotel might think that this is your preference and upgrades you to club room with twin beds.
This had happened to me several times.
Best bet is to book lowest priced king room and take the 2 category upgrade from there.

Enjoy the free minibar.
Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
CaroReed

Congratulations on making RA status!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Fly_Navy

Hope you don't mind me tagging on to this post.

Question: How do you make/achieve RA status??

Everything I read on the website says that you purchase it. Is there a certain point that Priority Club upgrades you from Platinum to RA??

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
CaroReed

Hi Fly_Navy-

You have to purchase Ambassador status (you can do so here), and the benefits are exclusive to stays at InterContinental hotels. Royal Ambassador status is by invitation only, and one must have Ambassador status to be invited for RA.

PS - I like your username! I have a few navy pilot's in the family, but my brother went to Army - so I have to say "Go Army, SInk Navy"!!

Carolyn

Priority Club Connect Community Manager

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Fly_Navy

Thanks Carolyn - I thought you had to purchase Ambassador Status.

Ughh!  Can you give negative Kudos on this site?? :smileyhappy:  I can't believe you went there.

BEAT ARMY!!

Please use plain text.