Advisor
rosenparken

Priorityclub to IHG CLUB

Can anybody understand, why such a good name as Priorityclub should be abandoned in favor of IHG Club?

Surely the word Priority made you feel someone special. IHG, I think not.

Being a Platinum member for many years meant often going a little out of my way to get a Holiday Inn or Crown Plaza, just to maintain my Platinum memberships and the perks, that went with it.

Just back from a trip to Hamburg Germany, where I stayed in my favorite Crown Plaza, I realized, that although I was upgraded to an Executive room, however no longer with access to the Executive Club Lounge. 

The receptionist informed me, that since IHG took over Priority, they have abandoned this perk and one will have to pay EUR.25.00 extra to get access to the Executive Lounge. 

Therefore one may just as well book the Executive Room that does include the access to the Executive Lounge, but that means in effect, that there is no upgrade, because you have already paid to be in the best room.

So much for being a loyal IHG guest. 

I am seriously considering, if it is worth my trouble.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Re: Priorityclub to IHG CLUB

How stupid of me to think that PCR always belonged to IHG.

Just stayed at a CP in Ontario and was upgraded to a Executive room with lounge access

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
marky

The change from PriorityClub to IHG club was pretty much just a branding change. I guess they wanted to show which hotel group the programme belonged to.

In my experience, an upgrade with club room access was always a bit of a bonus when you got it.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
ChloeyAM

Hi All,

Priority Club Rewards has always been the hotel loyalty program of IHG (InterContintnetnal Hotels Group.)  

As Marky mentioned, IHG Rewards Club is our new name, with added benefits.  

Thanks!

Chloey A.M. Sig_white.jpg

Chloey
IHG Rewards Club Connect Administrator
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
agn

Technically true that PCR had always been the loyalty program of IHG, but was IHG (Six Continents, Bass Hotels...) always the corporate owner of PCR? Since PCR was statrted in 1983, and Bass Hotels bought Holiday Inn in 1990, the question I have is was PCR started by Bass Hotels or by Holiday Inn. If it was holiday inn, maybe that is why IHG has no heartfelt ties to the PCR brandname... Which was previously known as Priority Clud Worldwide. IHG had a Six Continents Club in the 60's. Anybody know?
JBa brings the cheese, I bring the corkscrew...you provide the whine
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GpaG2

How do I find my Prioroty Club points  prior to the switch over to IHG Club?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
agn

Huh? The points aren't any different.
JBa brings the cheese, I bring the corkscrew...you provide the whine
Please use plain text.