Occasional Advisor
TennesseeTraveler

Priority Club Points

I have been a member of Priority Club for about 15 years and have accumulated about 1,700,000 points (would have been more but I have used them for vacations).  I am also a member of most of the other programs (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, etc.), but if there's a Holiday Inn property available, that's usually where I stay.  Does anyone know of a better way to use the points than free nights?  Is there any information available on the average number of nights stayed by Priority Club members and/or total points?  Just curious where I fall in the mix.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
highered

Re: Priority Club Points

I'm sure your point balance, etc. ranks pretty high. There are 35 million+ PCR members, and I'm sure you're well, well above average.

I do think that you should spend more of your points. Although they don't expire, points in all programs do tend to lose value over time. Watch out for sales on award redemptions, and take some more vacations! Maybe you could treat a good friend or relative to a nice weekend.

You can also use points for flights on almost any airline now, which is something you might consider if you don't want to redeem the points for IHG stays.

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
ronaldchadwick

That's a pretty high number. Look at Ambassador  you could use your points to buy this level and you may well be invited to RA which is complimentary provided you have at least three different IC stays PA.

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
iristina

I tend to think redeeming points for hotel stays is the best value; however, there was a recent post here from someone who had used his points for a helicopter tour, which also sounded like a great deal. In fact, I plan to check out some of the activities in the future. They are listed under "Ultimate Experiences" on the redeem points page.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
ferdzz06

other than hotel stays, you can also you your points to redeem free merchandise like electronic gadgets such as digital camera.. you can check that in this link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/2/content/dec/pc/0/en/points/us/bm.html ...there are a lot of items right now that are on sale..

but if your looking for something more like iristina has mentioned, you can try to check different packages/tour where you could use your points.. just feel free to search those here in the community and you will find the right one for you..

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
amandakehoe

iristina,

Member Dawgs talked about the helicopter tour in this thread..

Hope that Helps,

Amanda Kehoe

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
amandakehoe

TennesseeTraveler,

Loving the 1 million+ points you have earned! Also, loving your cowboy hat picture in your profile.  :  )  You are a great loyal customer and guest...

Respectfully,

Amanda Kehoe

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Bloobell

Wow, that's a lot of stuff you can get in the USA.

Is there a link for similar in the UK?

Mike

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
RicksFamily

Impressive total!

I'd say, retire and take a trip round the world- using your points for the hotels!

Enjoy them, because you can't leave them to your family..

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Nice accumulation of points, but a shame that you don't use them. About 4-5 years ago IHG devaluated the points by increasing the points you need for a night. I got lucky and spent a lot of free nights that year at IC hotels for 25-30k a night

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.