Bobg

Platinum Status.......

Am I the only one here that feels like Platinum status is not what it used to be. Does any one here feel like there is no difference between Platinum status and a non-member status? Also is any one else bored with Platinum status my thoughts behind that are there is just no more incentives. Once your Platinum that's it. I am also Ambassador but I don't stay at Intercontinental Hotels very often. It would be nice to see more options for Platinum status. Bob
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa
Please use plain text.
Bobg

Re: Platinum Status.......

Thank you for the info new to the site. Glad to see that I am not going crazy sometimes you think its just you. Platinum is not so great.

Bob
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
hong kong

It depends on which continent you are stayed. In Asia, IHG hotel staff appear to be well trained and recognize the platinum status without difficulty. Most of the time I got my room upgraded before checking in.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Khiaao

^^^^^^

Same here when i visited Thailand. nice treatment... Here in USa they just say your a priority memeber and thats it no upgrade, in Thailand and Malaysia they say your a platinum member please walk with me to our Platinum desk and see what upgrades we have for you during your stay. The only time in USA out of all my stays i was recgonozed as strictly platinum is at the Crown Hotel in New York City. This is just say "Thanks for being a Priority Club Member"

Please use plain text.
TJC
TJC

I am really happy with my platinum status...... The majority of times I get a free upgrade, (recently stayed in a hotel that didn't have any executive rooms available and they had already gone to the effort of adding all those little luxuries to my normal room and gave me a complimentary glass of wine)  I have club lounge access when staying in Crowne Plaza and accrue points faster for those free nights.  all this = one very happy platinum member! :-)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
timc3399

What should be provided to Platinum members is a better way to resolve issues for missing points. By now, I have been lucky enough to find someone at the Holiday Inn corporate level who assists me with this each time, but he shouldn't have to be using his time for this. I do complete the "missing stay" form on the Priority Club website, but 50% of the time I never get an answer, and the other 50% of the time I hear back from someone in customer service who has no idea of most of the Priority Club program details. What I would suggest is a dedicated phone number or e-mail adress that Platinum mebers can use to quickly resolve the missing points issues- I know I have an average of 1-2 per month and I shouldn't have to waste time on them. I love that Holiday Inn sends me letters and postcards thanking me for being in their Top 1% of Priority Club members as to points earned, and then thanks me by making mespend unnecessary time just trying to get the points I am due. I have $50 that says that no one from Holiday Inn responds to this or can provide a solution, if they do and get back to me within the next 5 days I will donate that money to a charity.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Michael.hanks

As a Platinum Elite member, I was offered a bottle of water and a Snickers candy bar at my last stay, HI Express San Antonio, TX.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
celtic1

I found that it used to mean something, now it means nothing.  If you keep close tabs on the way hotels operate you will realize that if business is bad they kiss your @!%^ for business, but if business is going well, then you get bo diddly.  I recently stayed using my points and was told by the restaurant that the "kids eat free" option was not available because i used points.  That is a first for me, that is for sure.   

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

I've just got back from a weekend at the Holiday Inn Stoke On Trent M6 Jct 15. On check out they dared to charge me for my weekend newspapers. Upon challenging them that as a Platinum Priority Club member the terms and conditions of the club entitle me to a free newspaper. The reply was astounding. "We only offer the 'I' newspaper free and others titles are charged. Priority Club gives us the discretion to charge." To which I told them not to offer the service without telling Priority Club customers that it is not free. There was no reply.
Please use plain text.