Advisor
Gordon

PCR Bonus Points

I have booked and prepaid for a two night stay in Edinburgh from 15th June.

Afterwards I received an email stating a bonus offer of 1500 bonus points as I hadn't had any recent hotel activity (what's classed as recent I wonder?), so I registed for the offer.

Now checking the T&C's I'm wondering whether or not I will get the bonus points as I had booked the stay before registering for the offer?

I will keep you posted of the outcome.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

Re: PCR Bonus Points

You should get the points.

You only don't get points if you stay on a promo that has already started and you have already stayed, ie Promo runs 1st of February to 30th March. You register for offer 1st March but you stayed several nights in February. They do not count and cannot have points added after. As long as your stay falls within the times on the promotion you will be OK, regardless that you've already pre-paid for your accommodation.

There is one minor floor though. Some pre-pay rooms do not attract points but when booking under these circumstances it is clearly stated in the T&C's that go along with the pre-paid rooms. Each pre pay rooms T&C's change. Basically if you get 35% to 50% off the Best Flexible Rate then you don't get any points. But upto 20% you can still get points. If you do not get any points for the night then the bonus points will not be paid either.

Secondly, if you use the '2 nights for the price of 1' promo, then that does attract points even though this too is a pre pay room tarriff.

I know....confusing isn't it. But just to say again, check the T&C's within the particular promo you are using to see if it points out that 'PriorityClub Points are not payable on this rate.' If it doesn't then you will get them. If, like me, the hotel sometimes gets it wrong, then put in a points discrepency report to Priority Club. They sort it out one way or the other.

Finally, until any stay is invoiced by the hotel, PCR do not know what reservations you have in the pipeline and cannot issue any points.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

As long as you are eligible for the promotion and you have signed up for it before you check out of the hotel you will receive the bonus points. PC is straight forward with this.

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
petrj

Gordon, I am almost sure you will receive the bonus points. Good luck!

Petr

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Lol. Great answer

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Bloobell

Enjoy our beautiful city Gordon - which Hotel are you staying in?

If you don't have anything specific planned can I suggest that if the weather is good on the 15th you get the train the short distance (15-20 minutes) to Linlithgow and take in the fantastic Riding of the Marches, where the town comes out en mass to party.

The first procession is at 11am and it repeats at 5pm, with both setting off right next to the train station

http://www.linlithgow.com/marches.htm

Mike

Please use plain text.