Advisor
Bibmond

Jewellery From H Samuel's + Points

[ Edited ]

I'm getting married next weekend & I ordered 2 wedding rings from H Samuel's online. 1 was ordered thursday & the other friday. I just checked my Priority Club Shopping site to find that the 1st ring is on there with points pending but a lower amount of points than I calculated. It's 14 points per £. After thinking that's a little bit lower than worked out I found that where it says transaction value it says £165.83, but I actually paid £199.00, I have the invoice in front of me. But it's not showing on my CC statement yet. Now there are 2 things that could happen. 

1. H Samuel's will charge me £165.83 by mistake for a £199.00 ring

or

2. H Samuel's will charge me the correct price of £199.00 and then I have to go through a huge back and forward struggle to get the points i'm owed. 

I worked out for the £199.00 I should get - 2786, but the online info from Priority Club Shopping says 2331, so that's 455 points short. If they charge my CC for the incorrect account I will save just over £33.00 for there mistake or what I think will happen, they charge me the correct amount and like I said, I will have to get in contact with H Samuel and try to sort out the points. more hassle over 455 points. All retailers should get there amounts right, it causes more hassle than it's worth to the companies.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

Re: Jewellery From H Samuel's + Points

Got a feeling that you've been hit by the clause:-

" Taxes, shipping and other fees are not eligible for points".

Therefore VAT (Value Added Tax) is deducted from the actual price you've paid as, as with all UK transactions within a retail environment, they must show the price including VAT before points allocation can be awarded.

http://www.intl.priorityclubshopping.com/pcrearn/gb/faq?T=1337004161648

"Q15: Do I get points for anything I buy?"
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
c2lass

I have just had exactly the same with airport parking. I booked a BAA car park and PC shopping advertises 8 points per GBP. My total cost for car parking was £71.10 therefore I calculate 568 points. Looking at our account only 491 points are pending. No shipping involved in this transaction? If I divide 491 by 8 they have allocated points for £61.38. 

Have fired off an email to ask the question.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

You need to take off 20% VAT from your total to get the correct value. I wouldn't actually complain to loudly as they really should have only given points to the value of £59.25. They've actually only charged you 17.5% VAT!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrisbro

At least your purchases registered on the shopping site. When I log in, the site shows I visited Jessops, but it hasn't recorded my camera purchase. The response from PC is that i must have come out of the site and logged into Jessops without going through PC shopping.

Please use plain text.