Super Advisor
marky

IHG Rewards and free internet

A quick question:

Does anyone know what we should be able to expect from the free Internet that comes with being an elite member?

Some of my friends that have been in hotels in the last week have reported a couple of restrictions (like really slow speed or time restrictions).

Just wondering what the minimum hotels should be providing is?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Re: IHG Rewards and free internet

From what it looks like, you will get basic interweb access that allows you to check emails, view websites etc. That's what I got at the IC New Orleans. You can pay up for faster speeds if you want to stream movies.

The free interweb access at the IC fast fast enough for me to remotely connect to customers and troubleshoot.

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Paulme

ve stayed at 3 different hotels in the last week and used the free internet in each, on each occasion I had to upgrade to the fast access internet at a cost because the free wi-fi was so slow, (I'm talking dial up slow!') Seems to me that this is just another way of saying "hey look what we are giving away to our Elite members" When in reality all it does is frustrates you when trying to connect to any web pages. Thanks IHG rewards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Chipster55

So am I understanding this right? A gold or elite member is going to have to pay for faster speeds. That seems really hard to believe.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

You do get the basic speed internet access for free. The speed is fast enough, at least was when I used it in NO. I am more concerned about the bandwidth and hope the hotels consider this as well.

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Chipster55

My point exactly.
Please use plain text.