Occasional Visitor
choatp

Holiday Inn Priority Club is SO FRAUDULENT!!!

PRIORITY CLUB IS SO FRAUDULENT...I AM SO GLAD I NOW BELONG TO HLTON HONORS. HOLIDAY INN CONTINUES TO ADVERTISE AFTER SIGNING IN ON THE INTERNET TO LURE YOU TO CERTAIN HOTELS WITH ICONS FOR DOUBLE AND TRIPLE POINTS AND NEVER DELIVER THEM.  I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER A MONTH NOW FROM MY LAST (3 TOTAL)  INQUIRY OF WHY THE INDY SOUTHEAST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS DID NOT COME THROUGH WITH 3,000 POINTS AS PROMISED.   

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM IS TO STOP STAYING AT ALL THEIR HOTELS.  THERE ARE MUCH BETTER ONES ANYWAY, ESPECIALLY IN INDY.  HOPE YOU NOTICE YOUR NUMBERS ARE DOWN HOLIDAY INN!  IT IS DUE TO YOUR LACK OF MANAGEMENT AND FARMING OUT YOUR HOTELS THAT ARE USING YOUR PRIORITY CLUB INTEREST TO LURE FOLKS IN..NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME AND HOPEFULLY MANY MORE BECAUSE WORD OF MOUTH DOES AS WELL AS YOUR PROMOTIONAL, FALSE ADVERTISING.

I AM BANNING HOLIDAY INNS AND THEIR FAMILY OF HOTELS EVERYWHERE.  SHAME ON ALL OF YOU INVOLVED, ESPECIALLY HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MANAGEMENT AT SOUTHEAST, INDIANAPOLIS, GREENWOOD, INDIANA!!   SHAME ON PRIORITY CLUB MANAGEMENT AS WELL, AS I AM STILL AWAITING ANSWERS!  

Paula Choat

Kentucky

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Re: Holiday Inn Priority Club is SO FRAUDULENT!!!

Writing in CAPITAL letters is rude in any community. It's called YELLING. Also it's pretty hard to read.

I can understand your frustration but I having no inclination to read through your post. It looks like you claim that you haven't received points that you think were promised to you.

If you log on to the PCR website and see bonus points offered for certain hotels you NEED O BOOK THE CORRESPONDING RATE to receive these points. If you just booked a standard rate YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE BONUS POINTS.

Enjoy Hilton. Just stayed over the weekend at an HGI and hoped to get the 5K bonus points Hilton is currently promising for weekend stays. Silly me, I DIDN'T READ that this hotel is participating in this promotion so I got ZERO bonus points.

Now I'm so p---ed off, that I NEVER will book another Hilton Hotel.

Oh no, that would be YOU. Silly me, I just blamed myself for not reading the T&Cs of the promo and booked another weekend stay at a Hilton property that participates in the promo.

I always wonder how folks rant here but actually it's their mistake for not receiving the promo points 

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
WHSKY8

[ Edited ]

Slamming someone for expressing their opinion makes you look less intelligent than they are. While writing in all CAPS is considered yelling, I think that was the point with choatp as she was voicing her frustration with something that happened with her on her last stay. You could have been more helpful and provided her with helpful information instead of ranting yourself about people who rant and don't read the T&Cs.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Interesting first post.

If you would have taken the opportunity and read through the threads and posts from the last 6 months you would have understood why I have responded to the OP.

I get more and and more the impression that a lot of posters have learnt the social media on the internet from postings on their facebook page. Instead of reading through the threads here posted on this board and try to learn from previous posters and their experience or advise, they go ahead and post a rant not understanding that it was their own fault for not getting the points expected.

But it's simpler to just rant about it here.

I really don't care what you think of my intelligence, but I care for this board here and seeing these one time posters just gets me going.

I hope you stay here on this board and become a frequent contributor then you can provide advise to these folks. 

Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
fatmanpauluk

Here Here, JBa
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
hong kong

I share with JBa. Though I had some unpleasant experiene in a few IHG stays previously, most of my stays have been memorable. Besides,I have not failed to get bonus points by making appropriate bookings. For this reason, I have made IHG hotels my only choice for my leisure stays except when there is no IHG hotel in the place.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
taylorconsulting@yahoo.com

JbA, thanks for having the courage to post and say the things that, frankly, need to be said.  Now, I'm certain that IHG has its faults (I've experienced them myself), as I'm sure the other programs have their faults.  But I could not agree more with (what I assume is) your assertion that most folks' problems with the programs has to do with not carefully reading through the rules related to their points or bonus or whatever the issue is.  And, sometimes mistakes happen and you do need to call up customer service (or even better, have CaroReed step in and be your liaison).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
markmathsn

IMHO, the original post IS an unjustified 'rant', and shows the poster to be pretty 'ignorant' in my book. (Some people are just like that......)

In fact, in total I have received more points that I had not expected (e.g: after 35% off promotions) than I have not been given when I should have been.  And those have usually been added later, after an email or polite phone call to the customer services office. 

Happy travelling! Mark
mark.mathieson@btconnect.com
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JBa

Since this was the OPs first post and she hasn't returned to this site I consider her a troll.
It looks like more and more we do get these one time posters that flame against PCR and then disappear.
Nothing comes easy...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
GF

While it is likely  that choatp  did not read all the details of the T&C's, I can understand her frustration.   The term "bonus points" is somewhat misleading to those not familiar with how it works.   To most of the general public  (not experienced PC members),  a "BONUS" implies that it's free.  But, with IHG, it is not free.  You have to PAY EXTRA for these so-called "bonus" points.  

This happened to me the first time I tried to get the bonus points when I was a relatively new PC member.    I saw that a hotel was offering "bonus points.".  I thought, "Oh, how nice of them."  I booked my usual AAA rate, and thought I was good to go    Little did I know that I needed to scroll much farther down on the list of rates and choose a HIGHER rate, and actually PAY EXTRA for the so-called "bonus points".    Why would I even expect to have to scroll farther down to look at the higher rates?   It's a "bonus".   I thought I was all set for the bonus.      

Bonus points, my a$$.   You have to PAY for them.   To most people,  the word  "BONUS" means just that .... a bonus.   Most people would not reasonably expect to have to PAY EXTRA for what is called a "BONUS".   

Sure, choatp likely did not pay extra for her bonus points, and will not get them.  But, the wording IHG uses for its "bonuses" is ambiguous at best.  The use of the word "Bonus" is deceptive.   

If they were being completely and honestly clear, they would call them something like, "Extra points available for purchase",  instead of "bonus points".

Glenn

Please use plain text.