Advisor
Ant4fatony

Creative Ways to Earn Points

I'd love to hear everyone's creative ways to earn points. Also what is everyone's favorite hotel brand within PC? I'll start. I use erewards.com to earn an extra 1,000 ponts every quarter, and my favorite is Holiday Inn Express, since it offers the greatest bang for your buck. Although I find myself in more Crowne Plazas than anything.

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
newyorker

Re: Creative Ways to Earn Points

Good Topic!

1. I buy online with PC, Some vendors give 7pts to the Dollar, others give 2,  but they all add up

2. I particpate in the the Dining Club - By dining in restaurants on the progrm, and there are thousandsof them, one begins at five points per dollar spent and eventually get to 8 points per dollar.  There are always promotions. the current one doubles the points if you eat on  Mon, Tues, Wed. priorityclubrewards.com

3. I use  the Priority Club Visa Credit Card for some purchases.

4. I use the Priority Club Visa Card for all IHG hotels

5.I check flyertalk.com and IHG websites for special promotions

6. I book with  IHG hotels as my first choice, but stay at other chains

when price or location are better

7. When I get a very low room rate,  I request a written confirmation that I will get points for the stay.

8. E-rewards participant

My favorite  hotel in the IHG group is Intercontinental.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ant4fatony

Thanks for the great response. I look forward to pursuing several of those techniques.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ant4fatony

Flyertalk.com is awesome. I am so happy to be fulfilling my obsessions with loyalty programs, and that there are junkies just like me. Not only that, but folks in far higher tiers with much to teach.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
desmosome

Hi Ant4fatony,

My favorite is the Crowne Plaza (as I have never stayed IC). There are great ones and bad ones, but in the UK, Liverpool Aiport is my favorite. It is actually the old Speke Airport terminal building, and it has a fantastic retro feel to it. Service is perfect, although there is one member of reception who I dislike.  I also loved spending 8 weeks in the Crowne Plaza Marlow in 2006, where the staff were amazing and upgraded me to executive rooms every week!

In Ireland, I like both Crowne Plazas at Blanchardstown and Northwood - although Blanchardstown is generally less expensive and a newer hotel, but there is nothing to do round about (unless you like an out-of-town shopping centre).

I do not do e-rewards anymore. I subscribe to all the going offers, and have had stays upward of 8,000 points through this alone. I do not use a PC Visa card yet.

I have just started using foursquare and apparently if you 'check in' (i.e. reveal where you are) and link through another site, you get 50 points per stay. That is quite good actually - 500 points per month for not very much!

I keep an eye on Insider and flyertalk, and try to book meeting rooms with Regus.

It also helps if you are a Platinum member and stay frequently, as you get of course 50% on base points.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
desmosome

Oh and on flyertalk, I came across one guy, and I actually thought his flight schedule was the timetable for AA! I couldnt believe anyone would fly so much - I thought I was quite bad at ~130 a year!

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
RicksFamily

Foursquare is quite popular these days.  I am not sure I like the concept of putting my locale out on the web -- it's bothersome enough that I have to keep a schedule for work!

Please use plain text.