MemberBlogger

Christmas stay at the Holiday Inn Melaka…

by Community Manager ‎07-09-2010 12:21 PM - edited ‎10-01-2010 02:40 PM

This is one entry in a series of blog posts written by Priority Club Connect members. Learn more about Nick_1, the author of this post.

Well I’m a virgin at the blogging stakes so please be gentle with me!!

I thought I’d do a short piece on my Christmas stay at the Holiday Inn Melaka which is situated about half way down Malaysia about 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur (or KL as everyone refers to it!). It’s the 2nd time we’ve stayed there as we went there last year when they had a point break offer on (I like to get the maximum out of this priority club scheme as I’m sure we all do!).

The hotel was a real hit with us first time round as the service and staff were excellent and we had just what we needed which was a really relaxing break in a warm and interesting place. The hotel is really well appointed with a gym, spa, executive lounge (really worth using and excellent service here), and lovely outdoor pool area and perhaps surprisingly for this part of the world excellent Italian restaurant complete with wood fired pizza stove!

The hotel is in a good location, just 10 minutes walk into the town centre, though you can feel like you are taking your life in your hands crossing the main road to get to the main town and shopping centre.

Pic.bmpThe first impression of the hotel after for what was for us a 2 hour taxi drive was like a modern oasis by the straights of Melaka. The drive to Melaka has some stunning natural scenery but there are also a lot of run down areas and some of the hotels on the other side of the town look a little jaded. However, that all changes when you hit old town and then the hotel itself. It really hits you how diverse the culture is with obvious Asian influences including the extensive china town area but the strong Dutch and Portuguese influence extremely evident. As you pull up in front of the hotel which looks out onto the straights and a jetty area. The huge glass frontage immediately gives you a sense of warmth and quality which is then delivered as you check in at the reception desk in the huge lobby area.

During both stays we took rooms on the executive level with club lounge access which we found really good value as it was great to have a place to have breakfast in a little more tranquil surrounding than the main buffet restaurant and to be able to grab a drink and take a break from the heat during the scorching days by the pool. The pool area is stunning if a little small for the size of the hotel but it doesn’t seem to matter as most people staying at the hotel are there for short breaks and because of the heat people tend to spend a couple of hours by the pool then go sightseeing so there is always a turnover of people and pool bed space. At the end of the day you could grab a drink on the club lounge terrace and watch the sunset which seems the right point to include photo and say goodbye and conclude this 1st blog!

Comments
by wesley wilson on ‎05-06-2012 12:21 AM

I am currently at the Holiday Inn Resort in Ft. Walton Beach Fla.  Absolutely horrible experience!

by wesley wilson on ‎05-06-2012 12:24 AM

Reservation, somehow lost. ( But I have) Booked room, not available. And price stays as is for upgraded suite. This room looks like something a 21 yr old on spring break would stay in with 10 of his buddies.

by wesley wilson on ‎05-06-2012 12:27 AM

This is the straw that breaks the camel's back!

by Community Manager on ‎05-08-2012 05:32 PM

Hi Wesley - 

I'd like to help - can you send me a private message with the details of your stay?

Thank you

Carolyn

Priority Club Connect Community Manager